Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wow guys... I'm feeling the love!!

 YES!! It makes me so happy to see others taking care of their livers!! I've been getting some encouragement to keep on spreading my message about what I've learned on Liver Health (29 years of problems is where I get my "Dear Abby" advice) and Organ Donation Awareness (being that Larry will soon be leaving)
Livers can take a lot of abuse... but I have Hep C and high iron levels so damage started in childhood. There are MANY different reasons cirrhosis can begin. Anything from genetic disorders, any of the Hepatitis viruses, Alcohol, and diet (You do not have to be obese to have a fatty liver), but it is NOT a death sentence, and once the cause is removed (example, excess iron for hemochromatosis patients should be regularly removed... an alcoholic must stop all drinking etc...) If done, most patients will never need a liver transplant and can actually begin to reverse signs of cirrhosis. How cool is that??

Spread the word! Live Life then Give Life!!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment